Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park, London | Project Value: £150k
Appointed by Paragon Interiors, WJL Contracts were awarded with transforming the press and media centre for the London Olympics into a modern education facility for Loughborough University’s PhD students.
The project saw delivery of WJL acoustic panelling systems throughout the building, to an absorption level of class B.
The acoustic performance was vital across this project; however, it was important that outstanding aesthetics were also achieved, a prime example being the hexagonal feature panelling entrance.
From the outset of the Olympic Park project, WJL were challenged by limited design information resulting in us becoming the driving force throughout the intricate delivery of this scheme.
Thanks to experienced project managers and close interaction with the client, Olympic Park was completed on time and on budget to clear satisfaction of all involved.
• Bespoke solid timber acoustic slatted system to lecture theatres
• Hexagonal feature panelling entrance
• Slatted bespoke matching timber doorsets
• Low-level feature wall including seating area
• Skirting, access panels and ancillary items
• Fire rated solid timber slatted baffles